Single family home closings in Greenwich, Cos Cob, Riverside and Old Greenwich, CT were mixed in September over the same period the prior year. Closings generally reflect sales that occurred 30 to 90 days prior. Some month to month volatility is expected. Compared to last September, this year:
- The number of single family sales was up 35% to 46 units.
- Single family sales volume was down 23%, on a lower average sales price of $2.0 million and tough comparisons at the high end.
- North Street and Julian Curtiss Elementary school districts each earned over 20% market share by volume.
- Over 60% of the sold single family homes traded for less than $2.0 million.
- Two single family homes were sold in excess of $5.0 million.
- Nine homes sold between $3.0 and $6.0 million.
- Real estate taxes on homes sold generally ranged between $5,000 and $55,000 per year.
- The average real estate taxes were $14,000 per year on all residential sales.
- The average home size was 3,500 square feet.
- Over 59% of single family homes closed were on less than half an acre.
- Only 2 residential sales were on lots in excess of 4 acres.
- Year to date, single family sales are up 5% as compared to last year, the median sales price is up 2%.
- 2018 09 Closings
Just Listed: Boxwood Court
The most raved about new listing is 138 PEcksland Road in Greenwich, CT. Offered at $5,995,000, this exceptional renovation of an English Manor on 2.5 acres is a rare find minutes to town.