Single family home closings in Greenwich, Cos Cob, Riverside and Old Greenwich, CT were up 7% in August over the same period the prior year. Closings generally reflect sales that occurred 30 to 90 days prior. Compared to last August this year:
- The number of single family sales was up 7%.
- Sales volume was down 9%, on a lower average sales price.
- Townwide, the average single family sales price was $2.3 million.
- Parkway and North Street Elementary school districts each earned over 20% market share.
- Over 55% of the sold prices were less than $2.0 million.
- Five single family homes were sold in excess of $5.0 million.
- Real estate taxes on homes sold generally ranged between $7,000 and $70,000 per year.
- The average real estate taxes were $16,000 per year.
- The average home size was 3,667 square feet.
- Over 59% of single family homes closed were on less than half an acre.
- Only 3 sales were on lots in excess of 4 acres.
- Condominium sales were down 5%.
Year to date, single family sales are up 3% as compared to last year, the average sales price is up 2% and sales volume is up 5%. August 2018 Closings Report
With schools starting and summer vacations at an end, the new selling season is upon us. With that, sellers and agents who took some time off during the slower season are now eager to show off their houses again in the typical surge of open houses. Buyers, this is your chance to see a lot of homes! September 9, 2018 Open House Report
Come to my Open House Sunday September 9th at 21 Mohawk Lane in Greenwich 1:00 to 4:00PM.
We enjoyed ourselves partaking in summer field games (A Tomato War) for charity.
Now, rested and ready for Autumn Selling Season!